HAProxy Review

Helpful in replicating production environment architecture in a development/testing environment

What is our primary use case?

Primary use case of this solution is during PoC, demos, and in development environments. I have found HAProxy very helpful in replicating production environment architecture in a development and testing environment.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been a great help for all the use cases noted above, and economical.

What is most valuable?

Honestly, I have only evaluated the load-balancing feature because that is what I needed in my environment. As you can understand, for development and end-to-end testing, procuring a hardware load-balancer is a pretty expensive a deal.

What needs improvement?

I would like to evaluate load-balancing algorithms other than round robin and SSL offloading.

Also, it would be helpful if I could logically divide the HAProxy load-balancing into multiple entities so that I would install one HA Proxy LB application which could be used for different Web servers for different applications. I am not sure if these features are available.