HashiCorp Terraform Review

Supports many different platforms and has helped us to standardize our infrastructure setup

What is our primary use case?

We are using Terraform to manage our multi-cloud requirement for different demos and test environments. It helps us set up the entire environment in a few mins with the exact configuration in AWSAzure, or GCP, along with other setups like a database, Kubernetes, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Terraform helped us to standardized our infrastructure setup and to reduce errors occurring due to manual execution. It has made our environment more efficient.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the support for different platforms like cloud, datacenters, VCS, databases, various storage types, and Kubernetes.

What needs improvement?

They have added a feature that helps us to import existing resources to our workspace, but if they can help us to create the code for the import, as well, then it would be a great addition.

We have been using HashiCorp Terraform for more than two years.

We should always check the changes or impact of new release which is common for all tools so for me its good in terms of stability.

The scalability is good.

We have used platform CLIs and other customized scripting solutions that need lots of maintenance and care.

The initial setup is quite easy and straightforward.

The setup for Terraform is quite easy and currently, we are using their community version along with Jenkins.

We have evaluated other options like CloudFormation and Cloud Deployment Manager, but those were platform-dependent tools, so not suited for our multi-cloud model.

Hybrid Cloud
More HashiCorp Terraform reviews from users
...who compared it with AWS CloudFormation
Learn what your peers think about HashiCorp Terraform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.