HCL Connections Review

The Community feature allows access to projects and their data remains within the group. All other Connections' functionalities are included internally.

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features in this product are:

• Profiles – It is easy to find people with similar tech skills and reach out to them internally for a project requirement. Project managers find it easy to know who in the organization possesses a skill that matches the requirement.
  • Community - Access to projects and their data remains within the group and all other Connections' functionalities are included internally as a feature, which is great.

How has it helped my organization?

Initially, only our technical team used this product for mainly two purposes - One as file sharing and the other was Communities. However, now our HR team has also started using it, to know more about the employees and their skill levels.

What needs improvement?

Development of more customized widgets as per the organization’s requirement is one area, which if improved, will attract even those employees who don't use this product often.

I have used this product for more than four years.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

I would give the technical support a 4/5 rating.

Previously, we also had another wiki solution to manage project documentation for sharing with other teammates. But, we found wikis in IBM Connections can be used in the same way and hence we decided to move out.

As the version of the product moves up, the complexity of setup also increases, with many other features getting added.

This is not something that I manage.

We did not evaluate other options prior to his product.

What other advice do I have?

The infrastructure team needs a skilled, technical person who is familiar with this product.

1 visitor found this review helpful