HCL Connections Review

We use the profiles to identify people in the organization.

What is most valuable?

The status updates and the file components are valuable features. Also, we use the profiles a lot to identify people in the organization, to find new talent and for stuff like that.

How has it helped my organization?

Sometimes, I've been able to put a face to a name through their profile, connect with people who are other people's connections and find information faster.

What needs improvement?

There are already forms in there and I like that. Addition of the workflow and Salesforce integration would be nice. We use Salesforce a lot, i.e., both audio and video content. Similarly, IBM Sametime would also be nice.

It's very stable; there is no downtime as far as I've seen.

We've got many thousands of users on it, so it's very scalable.

The support was very good.

We were testing on a bunch of solutions. There was one from Microsoft and Oracle. We just found this one to be the most feature-rich and also it fit our organization's needs.

I was involved in the setup process to an extent. It was quite complex. There's a lot of components of the IBM Connections, i.e., the WebSphere Application Server, the DB2 database environment and other different items. It's not something that you can just click and get through the next stage.

What other advice do I have?

Do your research, but give IBM Connections a full tryout. Do a PoC and I think you'll be happy.

Relationship is the most important criteria while selecting a vendor. We want somebody who is going to be there and listen to our needs/feedback.

More HCL Connections reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about HCL, Microsoft, Atlassian and others in Corporate Portals (Enterprise Information Portals). Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.