HCL Connections Review

Some features help people collaborate in the same community. It's hard to share files and content.

What is most valuable?

We have Connections 4.5, which is an older version. It does have some features that help people to collaborate in the same community.

There are newer versions that are integrated with Watson and some other features, and that might bring a lot of valuable features. For example, you can really collaborate in multiple channels, using Connections, so whether it's cognitive collaboration, or file or content collaboration, it makes it much easier.

What needs improvement?

From the sharing perspective, it is very clunky. It's very hard to share files and very hard to share content. It is not intuitive in the way it is. It doesn't provide the documentation baseline collaboration, so we're actually moving away from Connections. There are newer versions, but in today's world, with the version that almost everybody uses, it's very, very hard to use.

It's stable.

It's scalable.

I don’t personally use it, but the company uses support all the time.

We needed some collaborative software and space, and IBM is our shop. So, you know what they say, “even our blood is blue”; everything's IBM. Apparently, it didn't make it all the way, so we actually are moving to Microsoft.

I wasn’t involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

Go with the latest version and get everything integrated.

4.5
More HCL Connections reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about HCL, Microsoft, Atlassian and others in Corporate Portals. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.