HCL Connections Review

The ability to upload files into the cloud, the sharing options, the commenting options and the @ mentions on files are valuable features.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is definitely Files. We have totally transferred the way we work, or developed the way we work on information. The ability to upload files into the cloud, the sharing options, and, even better, the commenting options and the @ mentions on the file just eases the workflow dramatically compared to using email and sending attachments back and forth.

How has it helped my organization?

It saves a lot of time, includes more people that need to be included and it ensures better quality.

What needs improvement?

I’m happy with what I saw at a recent conference regarding Connections Pink and Orient Me.

We have had no downtime.

Scalability is okay-ish. We are more or less satisfied with the way it works. No major need for fixing it.

Technical support is great.

We knew we needed to invest in a new solution because we got advice from our business partner and from IBM that opened up our eyes to see the options out there.

Initial setup was complex. We suffered some setbacks on the migration from the on-prem solution to the cloud. We are currently in a hybrid solution and the migration didn't work exactly how it was supposed to; so we had some challenges on migrating.

We looked at Microsoft.

Quality and cost are the most important factors when selecting a vendor.

What other advice do I have?

Just do it.