HCL Connections Review

Communities and Activities are very useful for team collaboration and project level communication.

What is most valuable?

Communities and activities are very useful for team collaboration and project level communication. This prevents breakdowns and keeps all the information in a centralized location.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us to lean towards social business, instead of just using emails as a primary mode of communication.

What needs improvement?

The UI and UX portions definitely need to be improved. This is challenging for Generation Y to adapt to. Hopefully, the latest version will do its best.

I have used this solution for three years.

We did encounter some stability issues. However, IBM works closely with its customers to manage that well.

There were no scalability issues. So far, it has done well.

I would give the technical support team a rating of 10/10. IBM works very closely with organizations on the implementations.

Initially, we were on-premises IBM Domino customers. We then migrated to IBM Connections Cloud.

Since we were already on-premises Domino customers, the setup was quite straightforward.

The pricing policy is flexible. There is no complex licensing model and it is quite simplified.

We evaluated the Microsoft Office 365 solution.

What other advice do I have?

As an existing IBM Domino customer, the implementation was smooth, and this is the case as well for new customers.

However, if you are migrating from a different solution to IBM Connections, relatively hefty planning and tooling is required.

We did experience some hindrances during the implementation period.