HCL Domino Review

Integrates well with our mobile solutions

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to save contact information and upload files.

Within our organization, there are roughly 100 employees using this solution.

What is most valuable?

The full-text searching capabilities are great.

Domino integrates well with our mobile solutions. It's integrated with our scheduling system, meeting room, and our electronic meeting room indicator.

What needs improvement?

From the Domino side, it should support DKIM and DMARC. This is useful if you are using e-mail and other third-party e-mail gateways.

I'd also like to see better integration with third-party collaboration platforms like Microsoft teams.

Otherwise, Domino is watertight — it has a lot of great features.

HCL Domino is very stable.

You can install an additional server at any time. If there are any new users, you can move them to the new server — the scalability is great.

The technical support is always cooperative and nice. Once we create a ticket, they are always quick to respond.

The initial setup was very straightforward. This solution works very well straight out of the box; we have no plans to customize it. Overall, deployment took less than 10 minutes.

Our license is on a yearly subscription. You can sign a contract with HCL that will cover up to 100 users. This also includes technical support and all of the latest software updates.

We're happy with the price of our license — it's pretty standard.

What other advice do I have?

If you're interested in using this solution, be sure to take a look at the Domino trial version first. It covers all of the new features which is very useful.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

More HCL Domino reviews from users
...who compared it with Mendix
Find out what your peers are saying about HCL, Microsoft, Temenos and others in Rapid Application Development Software. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.