Helix ALM Review

The product cannot easily be customized for specific needs, but when used for bug reporting, the product is great.

Valuable Features

Test runs and test cases are the most valuable features.

Improvements to My Organization

When used for bug reporting, the product is great when searching for specific bugs. The search feature is highly customizable.

Room for Improvement

It is too slow and unstable, and the performance could be better. Also, we cannot fully use this product on mobile versions, or on the web-based versions.

Use of Solution

I've been using the Pro version for two years. I was the QA Process Technician. I was an admin responsible for adding the users to the database, managing licences, and managing security groups.

No issues encountered.

The software was slow and, sometimes, crashed for a few users.

The product cannot be easily customized for specific needs. Also, the people using mobile platforms cannot quickly access the databases, and I couldn't find a web-based version, which would have been useful.

Customer service was so-so. They didn't seem willing to add the missing features for our project needs.

Technical support is okay, but often too generic. I had to repeat myself a lot about what I wanted to achieve with the software.

I gave up on Test Track Pro and used JIRA instead.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's too expensive for the quality of the product.

Other Solutions Considered

I tried JIRA, Mantis, and Rally. However I had to give up on Test Track Pro for several reasons.

Other Advice

Check your needs and budget as you may find a better product for cheaper.