Perforce logo

Helix ALM Review
Efficiently Prioritizes Work Using Filter Tables, Though Look And Feel Is Outdated

Valuable Features

Filtering tables of requirements and defects, because it allows me to easily focus on the items that I need to work on for any given day.

Improvements to My Organization

It allows us to prioritize work for a given time period and sort by priority when viewing the status of our work.

Room for Improvement

1. The look and feel of the interface is very outdated.
  2. There is a steep learning curve for novice users to accomplish even basic tasks.
  3. The MDI interface usually interferes with what you’re trying to see.
  4. A modern web interface as the sole interface would be much preferred.

Use of Solution

Eight years.

In previous versions, the client would disconnect from the TestTrack server if I switched from a wired network connection to wireless (while undocking my laptop). This seems to be fixed in recent versions.

When searching across large databases, it’s difficult to find specific items based on the Summary field.

I haven’t used Seapine / Perforce tech support directly. I have only interacted with our internal TestTrack administrator for technical issues.

We have used TestTrack for as long as I’ve been employed at my current company.

I don’t perform the initial setup of servers or projects.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I don’t know about this aspect.

Other Solutions Considered

I didn’t choose this product, but I’ve used other similar ALM softwares. Atlassian Jira is a far superior product in my experience.

Other Advice

Don’t attempt to integrate other products into TestTrack.

Example: Automatically linking code revision numbers to defect fixes or extracting requirements into other formats.