HelpSystems AutoMate Review

Good technical support and the drag and drop interface makes it easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Adaptive Growth is a reseller for HelpSystems' AutoMate Robotic Process Automation software system. Our primary target markets are manufacturing and distribution companies. We also feel that nursing homes and trucking companies are markets that RPA will provide tremendous benefits in operational cost reductions. HelpSystem's PDF and email integration into business software workflows is a great benefit for most any company.

How has it helped my organization?

As a reseller of HelpSystems' AutoMate RPA the product will grow our business because of the dramatic operational cost reductions it offers to our customers. Especially when a buyer of AutoMate can grow their business without the associated cost of hiring new employees--a tremendous benefit of RPA.

Companies that take the time to learn and understand AutoMate RPA will want to invest in the product for the benefits it offers, the operational cost reductions it provides and its quick ROI.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the drag-and-drop interface, which is very Windows-like.

Technical support and marketing support is terrific.

The documentation is online and it's very good.

The integration is excellent. For example, it will integrate with SAP very easily. It's  API

(application programming interface) is easy to use when and where where required.

What needs improvement?

Adaptive Growth finds that AutoMate satisfies the workflow and repetitive business processes of most any company we would address. The product's improvement will come mostly from its users which has been the case.

Adaptive Growth has been working with HelpSystems AutoMate for about nine months.

This is a very stable product.

AutoMates scalability will satisfy most any company's growth requirements.

Technical support is terrific.

We worked with company a company that sold and implemented UiPath and AGI had a trial version of Kofax RPA

The initial setup is straightforward and very easy. A user company just needs to follow the the implementation steps.

Adaptive Growth implemented AutoMate without outside help.

Customers of AutoMate will realize their ROI within 90 to 120 days from their go-live date. However, that is dependent on the business requirements for a specific project's workflow is properly defined and documented so it meets that workflows business expectations,

We especially like the way AutoMate is priced. Our customers can license it or pay a one-time purchase price dependent on the number of users.

We were looking at UiPath and Kofax, and we chose HelpSystems and AutoMate because the product is so Windows like and easy to use.

What other advice do I have?

Our advice for any company who is implementing RPA including AutoMate is to make sure that the requirements for a specific process are clearly defined and documented.

Overall, we find that this is a good product and it's easy to learn and implement. A buyer of Automate RTA never has to become dependent on an RPA implementation company or a consulting firm and its associated costs.

That said, the principals at AGI have been in the software industry for 35 plus years selling and implementing software systems that address critical business requirements and expectations, we know that a software project will fail when those expectations are not met.

We would rate this solution a eight out of ten.

Other

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: AGI is a reseller of Help Systems' Automate
More HelpSystems AutoMate reviews from users
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about HelpSystems AutoMate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.