HelpSystems AutoMate Review

Good pricing, with great Azure integration and very good forms

What is our primary use case?

With Automate, as an example, if I have a supplier that provides me with items in bulk, the bot of the system will take the bulk order and divide it into individual units for sales. If the company that supplies me also charges for transportation, the system will divide those costs among each item so that I am invoicing and charging correctly when I am selling items on an individual basis. It does this based on the rules I set up on my end. It basically takes the work of many people and automates it.

What is most valuable?

The solution integrates well with Microsoft Azure. We get AI, artificial intelligence, resources from the solution and it's working very well for us.

The pricing is excellent. I would give them perfect marks in that regard.

The deployment is not too complicated. It's pretty easy.

The forms are very good.

What needs improvement?

The technical support could be better. We suffer from language barriers, as we are in Argentina.

The OCR (optical character recognition) capacity could be improved a bit.

I have about two years of experience with the solution. It hasn't been too long.

The stability is very good. As far as I know, we haven't had any issues so far. It's very reliable. The performance is good.

The scalability has been very good so far.

We have been using it in a Home Depot-like organization in Costa Rica. It's deployed in over 42 stores there, across different servers, and it is working very well for them. They love the solution and plan to use it more and to increase usage as well.

Typically, we work with medium and large-sized organizations.

Technical support is a bit of an issue.

We have our technical support team from Argentina. We can't even speak the same language. That aspect is quite bad.

However, we have been trained by them, and we had some RPA experts. We were given very good training and they provided it to us.

I found the initial setup to be quite straightforward. It's nice and easy. It's not an overly complex process.

The deployment is pretty fast. We got it done in under one day.

The pricing of the product is reasonable. We don't find it overly expensive. It's very competitive.

We've compared the solution to, for example, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, and UiPath. And we have done a lot better with HelpSystem. It offers much better pricing, for example, and offer very good forms.

What other advice do I have?

We are a representative of the company. We are integrators and HelpSystems partners and we sell the platform to companies in Costa Rica, Central America, and Puerto Rico. We do the integration for clients. Therefore, we do the mapping, and we do the bots also.

We are using the latest version of the solution. However, I'm not sure what the exact number is.

I would advise others to have an expert that understands the solution assist in the onboarding process. The platform can be very good. It is really good. However, if you don't have experts to train your people and also to implement the solution properly within your company, it's likely the project will fail.

Overall, I would rate the product at a nine out of ten.

More HelpSystems AutoMate reviews from users
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about HelpSystems AutoMate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.