HelpSystems AutoMate Review

Great technical support, with lots of features added regularly and very good scalability capabilities

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for giving the sessions to the clients and trying to get them to set up AutoMate in their organization and also help them to design and create a workflow.

For example, one of our clients, for a healthcare chain, was having a lot of COVID patients coming in in 2020. Their SAP systems are on 15(16) Field information had to go on to the Department of Health site, as all the blood samples are tested in the government hospitals. There were lab technicians keeping the SAP application open and they were copying all these 15(16) Fields of 2000 patients end of the day into the DOH website. That was taking them a lot of time. Two other people were hired to help.

What we did for them was automate the process. We went into the SAP system and every three hours would download that information, then, we would go to the DOH site, upload these 15 Fields for all of the patients.

After two days, we could go to the DOH website, and download their PDF document, which was a report on whether they had detected COVID or not. For the data we download we would enter the date into that Excel file for the hospital and attach that PDF document onto the top record of the patient. This way, there's complete information about the patient. With this solution, the cycle was complete.

What is most valuable?

I can say it's a very good product. It has very good results and it is well suited for my requirements. Everything more or less I've been able to create, in line with what the client requires. If the clients have been stuck within everything I've been able to give them a solution on how to automate what is required.

The solution is really pushing into cybersecurity and working to improve this aspect of the product.

They always check quarterly with the customer to find out what the customer wants to be enhanced in AutoMate. They make sure they try to put that into their roadmap. They are not complacent like some of the other RPA products which already are in the market. They're working on building out more automation so there are fewer bottlenecks in the future.

Technical support is very, very good.

We often get a sneak peek into what they will be releasing. We get to know about it first.

The solution scales extremely easily.

The stability of the solution is very good.

The implementation process is quick and easy.

The solution is continuously adding more integrations to help with workflows and bot and task creation.

What needs improvement?

So far, for two years, I have not found anything amiss.

That said, nothing is 100%. Each RPA product is not mature enough. There are always have to find innovative ways of automating. There are always challenges for automation. It is a continuously growing process. The majority of the clients want more automation in AutoMate and they want that in the roadmap.

Some companies have asked for voice integration. This is likely part of the roadmap.

I've been using the solution for the last two years or so. It's been a while.

The stability of the solution is excellent. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable.

The scalability is excellent. It's a very good selling feature for the product. If a company needs to scale, it can do so with ease.

The companies we work with are rather large enterprises.

Technical support is very good and very prompt. They have a chatbot for partners and clients. Anybody who goes to the website can interact with the chatbot. All queries get a response within 24 hours. Their SLA is a 24 hour response time if the chatbot can't immediately connect you to someone.

We have our own discussion portal on which we can post things and immediately there's a solution. Or if there's no solution they let us know about it and will work on a proper response.

The initial setup is very, very simple. In fact, one of the banks that is a client of ours for some other products plans to move from UiPath to AutoMate mostly due to the complex implementation process involved with UiPath. They have asked us to wait actually until the business comes up and then they will move to AutoMate.

It does not take a long time to set up. We have only one server, and any number of workflows can be created with one license depending on the size of the file and aspects like that. You just need a one-server setup. You don't need different kinds of products when your number of workflows increases. That is a real added advantage ofthe implementation. Our USP is, easy to implement, fast return on investment, and scalability.

While I'm not sure of the exact pricing, it's my understanding that the solution is one the cheapest compared to UiPath, Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism, or the other tier-one options.

I'm aware of UiPath, Automation Anywhere, and Blue Prism and have done some pricing comparisons. HelpSystems is much cheaper than these options.

What other advice do I have?

We are a distributor - a value-added distributor that has the knowledge and expertise. We will combine products of HelpSystems and give to clients the tools as they require them. Many clients have more than one HelpSystems product, for example.

Overall, I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

11.5
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More HelpSystems AutoMate reviews from users
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about HelpSystems AutoMate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.