HelpSystems GoAnywhere MFT Review

This is a feature-packed solution that is highly recommended

What is our primary use case?

The primary use for GoAnywhere MFT (Managed File Transfer) is to provide control for file transfers.

What needs improvement?

Until now, I think the solution very good for me and my clients. If I had to name one thing that I think should be improved, I think it is that there are quite a lot of features and we do not use all of them. So a thing that could be done to improve this situation is maybe for HelpSystems to offer a lite version that also costs a bit less.

It has only been a couple of weeks now that we have rolled out the product in our company. We did the product selection a few months ago and then we started on a test license. I would guess we have been using it as a company for about four weeks.

From our experience up until now, I think the product is both stable and scalable.

We currently have somewhere between a minimum of five and a maximum of ten users. We may be expanding that in the future, but not in the coming year or so. We do plan to continue to use the product.

For the most part, we have been in a test evaluation phase and we have not needed to use the technical support until now.

This is actually the first product of this type that I am using.

I think that GoAnywhere is moderately complex as far as the initial setup. It is quite manageable for our experienced IT employees. We deploy it just by using people who are in our software development team. There is a consultant assigned to our team who could help us if we wanted to use their services, but until now it has gone quite well and we have not had to engage that level of support. We can ask for support if we want it. We just have not had to up until now.

The cost of the product is a one-time licensing.

I think it is a bit cheaper than Axway MFT (part of the AMPLIFY platform), but not by much. It could be cheaper if a few of the features that we are not using — and that most of our customers do not use — could be left out.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this product for other users who wants to start using it, and we do recommend it all the time.

On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate this product as an eight-out-of-ten. To improve it in order to rate it higher, it would have to be cheaper. To accomplish that HelpSystems could consider reorganizing the product in a more modular way. In that way, we could just make the solution fit to particular needs and pay for what is used. For most situations, we just need a few small modules instead of the entire solution in one big chunk.

Microsoft Azure