HelpSystems GoAnywhere MFT Review

Allows us to connect internal applications and external web services and has good speed, security, and stability

What is our primary use case?

We are a partner of HelpSystems. They have a branch office in Argentina for all Latin American countries, and we work with them.

We use this solution to connect internet applications that traditionally are isolated. Instead of trying to build very costly interfaces or things like that, we send information from one app to the other app in the easiest but the most secure way possible. We just use MFT, and it does the work for us, but recently, we are being asked to connect not just internal applications but also external web services for government or other regulatory companies. With this type of solution, we are able to integrate not just the internal apps but also the external services. This is pretty much what we do with this solution.

What is most valuable?

Its speed is the most valuable because every integration used to take months with old SOA tools, integration buses, and that type of stuff. Now, we do integrations in a matter of days.

Security is another valuable thing because every step in the workflow has an audit trace, which is great. This also brings a lot of confidence in automating business process workflows through this type of solution.

What needs improvement?

Its user interface can be improved. The current user interface is a little basic for some of the use cases. We have to use an external component to enhance it. When we need a more appealing user interface, we use an additional component, and that works okay.

I have been using this solution for around four years.

Its stability is very high because it is installed in a cluster. When used this way, it is pretty stable. It uses a lot of cluster implementation, and the business processes start to be very critical.

Scalability is associated with the hardware. This solution is based on Java technology, so it is able to scale both vertically and horizontally. It has good scalability.

At this time, we've got two nodes. If we need more, we can add more components. We are not a very big company. So, at this time, it is not an issue for us. If we grow or have more integrations, we would need the scalability there, and I am not afraid of that.

This tool is used to automate processes. It doesn't handle end users. We are automating about 10 to 20 business processes that affect different kinds of users. About 100 to 150 users get to benefit from those automations. They are not necessarily direct users of this solution.

We receive direct support from HelpSystems. Their support is good. I would rate them a nine out of ten. A few cases were handled by the regional team. For a few cases, we received support from their first-level team.

The initial setup was easy. The provider has a lot of knowledge, which made it easy. The deployment is an ongoing process. The initial installation took about one month or so, and the training and being skilled took maybe one or two months more. Since then, the need for automation and newer workflows is there all the time.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good solution, but of course, you need to have the knowledge to be able to automate very quickly.

I would rate HelpSystems GoAnywhere MFT a nine out of ten.

More HelpSystems GoAnywhere MFT reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about HelpSystems GoAnywhere MFT. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.