HelpSystems GoAnywhere MFT Review

Consolidates homegrown processes to one location in a way that is workflow based

What is our primary use case?

This is used in a virtual environment where a number of customers establish a requirement to send or receive files. The files are sent using SFTP and Zip with projects providing details to customers on when and what was sent. We send these files internally or externally. Other things the solution is used for is cleaning up data from sent or received files for projects and customers. The environment consists of Windows and Linux systems to which each customer presents the data to send or import.

How has it helped my organization?

The use of this product has helped improve our organization and its ability to send or receive. It has done this by allowing us to remove any homegrown process and centralize needed actions. It has helped consolidate these areas of action or homegrown processes to one location in a way that is workflow based. This workflow and central location of the process allows us to hinge at one area to understand where or what any issue or concern may be. Doing this can help or allow us to find areas to be resolved, if needed, or establish new ways of providing a product.

What is most valuable?

I have found that the workflow process has a easy to use or viewable section which is key to this product. You have the ability to create the steps in a viewable, actionable area. Review these steps and set them up in an order that makes sense to the process you need. Along with this ease of viewing and ability to move things around you can validate those actions by placing them in a debug state. Here you can view and find your issues or concerns as the workflow and view are an asset for this product and valuable.

What needs improvement?

In using this product, I have not found many areas of the product or service that need to be completely improved. However, with any product, improvement of a service or product can always be reviewed. If one were to look to improve it:

1. Continue to look forward and listen to its customers.
  2. Improvement in support or product relies on being ingenious, supportive, and listening to its customer base.

I have been using this solution for over a year.

The organization has ways to listen to its customers and providing that feedback is working as the company listens and provides support as applicable.

Yes, I used a homegrown software.