HipChat Review
Some of the valuable features include video calling and screen sharing.

What is most valuable?

• Unlimited group chat rooms
  • Group video chat
  • Screen sharing
  • Security
  • Persistent messaging
  • Seamless integration with other products

HipChat allows us to do video calling and screen sharing with up to twenty users, whereas its major competitor Slack, can only support eight participants.

For a company like us with offices in different locations, this is an invaluable feature, as it increases our team collaboration and efficiency.

How has it helped my organization?

We have distributed teams, as well as remote teams in our organization in different geographic locations. After HipChat was introduced, the team collaboration and coordination improved drastically.

HipChat helped us to get rid of never ending email chains. It's a fun tool with lot of emoticons and our teams enjoy using it.

Our users love using the HipChat mobile app. This has increased our team’s productivity. The product has a great UX across multiple platforms and is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

Currently, one email ID is linked to one HipChat cloud group. As a user and an administrator who may manage multiple HipChat groups, this is restricting my work.

I have been using HipChat for around two years.

HipChat's a reliable product. Up to now, we have not faced any issues with the product’s stability other than a few bugs which were fixed in a timely manner.

We use HipChat extensively in our organization. I have also worked with multiple clients who use HipChat with user tiers ranging from 51-100 users to 5000+ users. Scalability was never an issue with any of these customers.

Atlassian has an impressive technical support team who has fixed our issues within the agreed SLA.

We have used Lync/Skype for Business previously and had constant issues with these products.

The initial setup was hassle free. It was pretty straightforward.

HipChat offers the most competitive pricing among the enterprise chat solutions in the market.

We have used Lync/Skype for Business and evaluated Slack before procuring HipChat licenses.

What other advice do I have?

If your organization is struggling with team collaboration and never ending email chains, HipChat is the perfect solution for your problems.

It’s a fun tool with great features like high quality video calling and the pricing is the most affordable among other products in the market.

Organizations using other Atlassian products like JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket should definitely consider giving it a try.

HipChat can further improve your team’s efficiency and productivity.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is an Atlassian Solution Partner.