HiT Software DBMoto Review

Replication monitor feature is helpful in that it allows a quick view of the status, errors, and results of the last replication

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to replicate files from IBM iSeries DB2 to Oracle RAC.

How has it helped my organization?

DBMoto was very simple to set up and move our tables to the Oracle DB. There were also some transformations that needed to take place.

It worked fine for our implementation of scheduled refreshes and continuous mirroring.  We have not yet set up any synchronization replications.

What is most valuable?

We appreciate the ease of use in this solution. It looks like File Explorer, where you set up your source and targets. Replications are created simply by using the replication wizard. It also has functionality for scheduling, verification, and alerts.

The ability to write code for transformations is very useful. Once the replications are set up it is simple to maintain. The Replication monitor is helpful in that it allows a quick view of the status, errors, and results of the last replication. Replication logs and history files are very useful for determining problematic data issues. The transaction latency tool is also helpful for determining how many connections are required for larger files.

The replication types that are available are: Refresh Only, Continuous, and Synchronization.  We currently use Refresh Only (scheduled refreshes), and Continuous. The source and target table verification is very helpful for running checks. The Replication Monitor is also a great plus, which shows a quick view of the replication status.

What needs improvement?

This product would be improved with additional built-in functions for simpler date conversion, as well as for data type transformations.

More than five years.

The stability of this solution is ninety-five percent.

With respect to the scalability, the product works fine in our multi-platform environment (iSeries to Oracle).

The technical support is very good.

We did not use a solution prior to this one.

The setup for this solution is straightforward.

We implemented the solution ourselves with some assistance from their support.

We have not calculated the ROI, but this solution has saved us a lot of time.

I found the price to be quite reasonable. No setup cost, it is that easy.

We did evaluate other options, one of which was Oracle, before choosing this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Nice solution for simple data replication. Great that it works with iSeries DB2.