What is most valuable?
- You can use any type of storage as a backend
- Mixed NFS/CIFS file services
How has it helped my organization?
- Higher performance
- File-server consolidation
- Ability to create a mixed NFS/CIFS (Samba style) file services solution
What needs improvement?
- Better QA
- Better quota management
- Ability to backup with all snapshots included.
- Ability to snapshot a file system in the DR site while replicating with JetMirror
- Better documentation
- Better community
For how long have I used the solution?
I've used it for two to three years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
It had some ridiculous bugs during deployment.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
We have had two stability issues:
- We had a bad software version that used to randomly crash both nodes in a cluster
- File system corruption after activating in DR site
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
It's at a fair level but has bad documentation. Technical Support
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I previously used Netapp's solution, but this was for a different customer.
How was the initial setup?
It’s relatively easy to setup and install.
What about the implementation team?
We used a mix of a vendor team along with an in-house team. The vendor team was good.
What was our ROI?
We got the equipment via a large storage accusation for almost free so no ROI was needed.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
No, not for this particular customer.
What other advice do I have?
Some bugs cause issues but I love the ASIC architecture behind it. I actually uncovered some hidden ASICs in the hardware. Version 8 features didn’t include in-line de-duplication (it uses an ASIC) which was later uncovered in version 10 or so. It’s nice to find out about added functionality with version upgrades at no extra cost with as little to no performance degradation using this ASIC.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Apr 20 2015