Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series Review

Allows us to share storage between our cloud environments

What is our primary use case?

We are a data center located in Mexico. We use a wide array of storage solutions from different companies. Our largest storage installation is on Hitachi.

We use this solution to share storage between our cloud environments. We have a VMware Cloud in each of our data centers with two locations in Mexico City. We have a replica between these two sites. We also have another Cloud Suite for OpenStack

What needs improvement?

This solution is equipped with virtualization technology inside the storage box. Other companies like TMS have virtual technology outside of their storage boxes. IBM has a SAN Volume Controller that allows us to virtualize any type of storage whether it's on the same label or not. This is not the case with Hitachi.

This solution is very stable.

The technical support is great.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

Find out what your peers are saying about Hitachi, Dell EMC, Pure Storage and others in NVMe All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: June 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.