Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G Series Review

Good reliability and stability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform is for storing data from the Oracle database. Additionally, it is for banking and other transactions.

What is most valuable?

It's best features are its reliability and stability.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, it could use a better, faster web console and other consoles. It is so boring waiting, waiting and waiting for it to refresh. Additionally, there could be more rate groups for it, or different rate groups. Right now there are limited options in regards to the rate group.

I have been using Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G Series over the course of the last year.

The version we use depends on our situation and the agreement between us and the customer. Every contract between our company and another company, like banks in Iran, is different.

In terms of numbers of users, it depends on the customer. It can be more than 1,000 or 10,000 people.

In terms of technical support, in our country, it's illegal so we try to fix our problem by ourselves. So it is hard.

It's not easy to install, but I know how to install it. Its web design and console are very weak and do not have enough speed.

It took 10 times to install.

We require about 10 people for the deployment.

In terms of cost, in our country and with our money, it is an expensive solution, but it's valuable.

What other advice do I have?

My recommendation to anyone looking to use Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G Series is to read and read and read and learn from other people's experiences and basic knowledge. This is really important for everyone.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G Series a nine.

More Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G Series reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE 3PAR StoreServ
Learn what your peers think about Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G Series. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.