Hortonworks Data Platform Review
It gives us semantic analysis based on the feeds from social networking data, clickstream data, etc., but it needs to support disaster recovery features such as mirroring.
What is most valuable?
- It's the one and only complete open source big data platform
- Ambari-managed admin configuration for HDFS, YARN, Hive, HBase, etc.
- Customized dashboards
- Web-based HDFS browser
- SQL editor for Hive
- Apache Phoenix - OLTP and operational analytics on Hadoop
- Apache Zeppelin - A web-based notebook that enables interactive data analytics
How has it helped my organization?
- Maintenance of our own data lake in the enterprise-level
- Storage and analysis of server logs
- Applying Operational Intelligence in the enterprise-level based on the analysis of various department units data
- Semantic analysis based on the feeds from social networking data, clickstream data, etc.
What needs improvement?
- Rolling upgrade
- Disaster recovery features such as mirroring should be supported
For how long have I used the solution?
We've used it for one year.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
3/10 Technical Support
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
No previous solution was in place.
How was the initial setup?
What about the implementation team?
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Completely use the community edition along with other features that can be implemented on top.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
No other solutions were looked at.
What other advice do I have?
Study, analyze, and compare with other big data platforms features according to your requirements before choosing the appropriate one.
**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Last updated: Feb 26 2017
More Hortonworks Data Platform reviews from users