HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
Adding Drives To Your 3PAR Array is a relatively easy process.

About a year ago I was tasked with expanding one of this first US production StoreServ 7000 arrays and wanted to share the process and shed some light on the "gotchas" involved. This post was sitting in my drafts folder 90% completed for a while now but as many 7000 arrays are starting to be expanded I wanted to complete this post.

The system I was working on it was relatively small since this Financial client was just getting starting with 3PAR storage. We started with a one shelf 16 drive 7200 array (leaving 8 slots open) and the task at hand was to fill the remaining 8 slots with 450GB 10K SFF drives. As depicted in the StoreServ Installation Guide adding drives to the array is a relatively easy process. Overall there are 5 milestones to the process with a majority of them being fully "autonomic", they are:

• Checking initial status
• Inserting Hard Drives
• Checking Status
• Checking Progress
• Completing the upgrade

Read the rest of the post at http://3cvguy.com/tolessons-learned-adding-drives-...

1 visitor found this review helpful

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of 3PAR typically within 24 hours.

2 Comments

Calvin Zito, HPEStorageGuyVendor

Justin has a fantastic blog with a lot of HP 3PAR information. I highly recommend it as a place to learn more.

29 January 15
Calvin Zito, HPEStorageGuyVendor

Want to be sure folks see that HP 3PAR All-Flash won the All-Flash Product of the Year Award from TechTarget. I have a blog that talks about it. http://hpstorage.me/19Cw9a8

20 February 15