Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
The 3PAR build-in reporting features were the answer to all our reporting woes; Customer support is a perfect 10.

Valuable Features:

The reporting features on the 3PAR are one of the most valuable features in a flexible and intuitive web-based tool.

Improvements to My Organization:

Reporting has always been a challenge for our company. Add-on tools for reporting purposes are often expensive and require additional configuration. The 3PAR build in reporting features were the answer to all our reporting woes. We are now able to report as often as we would like, including automated report generating.

Room for Improvement:

Storage migration features. Comparing the 3PAR to IBM’s SVC, storage migration could be much easier to perform if there are lessons to be learned from IBM’s brilliant product.

Use of Solution:

I have used this product for the past 2-3 years at various clients including various models of the 3PAR.

Deployment Issues:

No issues encountered. An HP 3PAR business partner performs the implementation with 24x7 support from HP.

Stability Issues:

No issues encountered. The product performs as advertised.

Scalability Issues:

One of the key features of the HP 3PAR storage array is the ability to scale and the ease by which this can be achieved.

Customer service would get a solid 9. 24x7 support is available however this might vary depending on geographic location. Best to check support with the local HP offices or local business partner.

Customer support would be a perfect 10. The technical support staff are VERY knowledgeable and another key feature would be the call-home feature which comes with a 3PAR.

Previous Solutions:

Yes. The cost of scaling up was far too high. When compared with the 3PAR, there has been huge cost savings which resulted in the ROI being achieved.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was straightforward. HP’s business partner assisted with the installation and were able to get the 3PAR up and running in very short timelines.

Implementation Team:

The vendor team (business partner) would get a perfect 10. Their expertise showcased their commitment to brilliant customer service.

Other Solutions Considered:

We considered an EMC VNX as well as an IBM XIV.

Other Advice:

The product is definitely worth considering. As mentioned before, onsite support might be limited due to geographic location (only if you live in a very remote part of the planet) but generally the product satisfies most if not all business requirements. We are hoping to implement Flash storage. Flash storage is becoming more cost effective and the performance benefits are well documented when using flash storage.

5 visitors found this review helpful
Reviewer148614 li?1414338641Ravi teja polina li?1429506175Associat187272 li?1422517290Calvin zito li?1414332423Anonymous avatar x30

5 Comments

Calvin zito li?1414332423

Hi Zane - since this is my first comment, I want to do a quick intro. From my screen name, you can see I work for HP Storage (and have for 25 years - before RAID!). I am very active in social media and also manage our hp.com storage blog (www.hp.com/storage/blog).

I really appreciate you taking the time to do your review. And I'll share your suggestions for improvements with our product management team. If they have specific questions, are you willing to chat with them?

Thanks again!

Like (0)29 January 15
Ivan iannaccone li?1422592758

Thanks for the review, I would love to hear more feedback about the built in reporting. Please connect with me on LinkedIN

Like (0)30 January 15
1f9ad3d
Zane MaynardReal UserPOPULAR

Hi Calvin @HPStorageGuy

Sure, please feel free to email me. My email is provided. Thank you.

Like (0)04 February 15
Calvin zito li?1414332423

Hi Zane - I actually don't have access to your email as IT Central doesn't give that to vendors (probably good for you!) My email is hpstorageguy at hp dot come. If you haven't connected with Ivan on LinkedIn, I'm happy to help connect you with him and the HP 3PAR team!

Like (0)11 February 15
Calvin zito li?1414332423

I've said this in other comments but didn't want folks to miss that HP 3PAR All-Flash won the All-Flash Product of the Year Award from TechTarget. I have a blog that talks about it. http://hpstorage.me/19Cw9a8

Like (0)20 February 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 209,461 professionals have used our research on 5,561 solutions.