Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
When comparing the cost with the features and performance, this solution is a good choice.

Valuable Features:

• Separated multilayer and specific SAN Storage operating system (Informos)
  • ASIC based operation
  • High end feature in mid-range scale
  • Wizard based configuration console
  • Scale in scale out forward
  • Storage virtualization technology like chunklet

Improvements to My Organization:

Increase provisioning time and reduce configuration complexity based on chunklet technology.  It supports advanced virtualization services on storage operations and virtual computing infrastructure.

Room for Improvement:

Common data center standards for temperature, humidity, firefighting etc.

Use of Solution:

I've used the Inserv 7000 series for two years.

Deployment Issues:

Many points were needed for the initial system on first time setup. We had some non-predictable random issues during initialization like non-probable Inserv serial numbers etc. Time was needed for the chunklets restructure to take effect.

Stability Issues:

Very dependable system structure to each node on healthy clusters.

Scalability Issues:

Based on our experience and the documentation it looks easy.

9 out of 10

9 out of 10

Previous Solutions:

We used to use the EVA 8000 series but they have just two nodes in that series and it is unsupported for active clustering, HA for controllers and nodes. 3PAR is also more cost effective on hardware, and has less performance issues and more scalability.

Initial Setup:

Complex in initial pre-requirement and finding the serial numbers and the necessary information for setting up the system.

Implementation Team:

I did the implementation myself.

ROI:

Other Solutions Considered:

Yes, we compared this series to the EMC VNX series based on feature/performance/technology and cost.

Other Advice:

It has a large basket of advanced features to integrate storage system into the service layer, good performance on provisioning and SAN service.

3 visitors found this review helpful
Reviewer148614 li?1414338641Calvin zito li?1414332423Hitesh chhaya li?1423713685

2 Comments

Calvin zito li?1414332423

Thanks for leaving the review. I'm obviously biased but I think you have the best mid-range array you could have! But not just me - HP 3PAR was named best-in-class midrange array by DCIG for two years in a row. Here's a blog that talks about it: http://hpstorage.me/17hnng2 (hp.com blog - long ugly URL so using a URL shortner). Thanks again! Feel free to reach out to me on LinkedIn or Twitter if you need anything.

Like (0)19 February 15
Calvin zito li?1414332423

A quick follow-up to the DCIG "best-in-class" I mentioned: HP 3PAR All-Flash won the All-Flash Product of the Year Award from TechTarget. I have a blog that talks about it. http://hpstorage.me/19Cw9a8

Like (0)27 February 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 214,659 professionals have used our research on 5,590 solutions.