Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
I like the performance, scalability, and cost effectiveness.

Valuable Features

• Reliability
  • Support
  • Flash storage - I wish we were using it

Improvements to My Organization

We have not had a moment's down time.

Room for Improvement

I would like it to be greener, with a lower power draw and generating less heat. That is not a comment on a problem with this SAN, it's something I look for in any hardware additions.

Use of Solution

It entered into production in July 2012.

Nothing unexpected.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

It's fine, no issues.

Two years ago it was 9/10. Now, perhaps it's 7/10. The quality is still excellent but, like many other vendors, the primary support is on the other side of the world, and there is a time zone issue. We will schedule a patch and I'll see an email or a phone message that came in between midnight and three AM, with a question. You lose a day replying, because the engineers don't call with questions during normal business hours in the Central Time zone. This is not an issue if you run a night staff.

We also previously used NetApp and Xiotech, and switched to 3PAR as HP presented a solution that addressed performance, scalability, and, I'm told, it was cost effective.

The HP setup spreadsheet is a beast. It's much more extensive than any previous SAN, but going through the process addresses almost every issue that's likely to come up.

Implementation Team

We were guided through this process by Sayers Consulting. They were outstanding, especially Bill Tohtz and Dean Flatland.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, we looked at several presentations.

Other Advice

Set time aside to go through the setup spreadsheet.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Anonymous avatar x30

1 Comment

Calvin zito li?1414332423

Thanks for the review - so much has changed since you implemented your T-400. You've probably heard about the HP 3PAR StoreServ All-Flash Array. HP 3PAR All-Flash won the All-Flash Product of the Year Award from TechTarget. I have a blog that talks about it. http://hpstorage.me/19Cw9a8. We also introduced the 7000 family that brought the fabulous 3PAR architecture down to the midrange and in fact in less than a year rocketed to the #2 mid-range array.

For anyone that wants to read more about HP 3PAR, here's a link to the hp.com product page: http://hpstorage.me/1IW1V0t. And if you want a more technical view, here's a link to 3PAR articles on my blog: http://bit.ly/XJjczN

Like (0)29 April 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 242,522 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.