Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
It has common provisioning groups which allowed us to create multiple RAIDs on the same disks.

Valuable Features:

3PAR has CPG (common provisioning groups) which allowed us to create multiple RAIDs on the same disks, move LUNS between CPGs and between RAID arrays. No other storage had this capability.

Improvements to My Organization:

It gave me flexibility in moving things around, for example, I could move the production LUN and test LUNs from RAID 5 to RAID 6 in order to have more redundancy disk failures.

Use of Solution:

I used it for six months, but am now at a company that is not using it.

Stability Issues:

It's very stable, and very fast. Creating virtual disks took literally one minute for a 100GB VM disk.

Scalability Issues:

No issues encountered.

HP was very helpful all the way through.

10/10.

Previous Solutions:

We used a NetApp N6040n, and we switched in order to have more flexibility on our storage array as CPG moved LUNs between different RAID arrays.

Initial Setup:

It's very straightforward to configure. You need to connect the service processor to the storage array and then finish the configuration settings.

Implementation Team:

HP technicians did the initial deployment and I did the initial configuration. Even without any training I was able to the update firmware to v3.1.3, perform the software configuration, configure the ILO and service processor.

Other Solutions Considered:

We also looked at EMC but 3PAR was the cheaper solution, and it was more flexible.

Other Advice:

It integrates very well with Windows 2012 as well as VMware.

1 Comment

Calvin zito li?1414332423

Thanks for the review Dalibor. We just need to get you a 3PAR at your new company! For those that want to learn more about HP 3PAR, here's a link to the hp.com product page: http://hpstorage.me/1IW1V0t. And if you want a more technical view, here's a link to 3PAR articles on my blog: http://bit.ly/XJjczN

Like (0)04 May 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 222,998 professionals have used our research on 5,697 solutions.