HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

What is most valuable?

The biggest pro is the overall performance. Provisioning is easy and fast. With NetApp, we needed to run scripts, which was a much slower process.

In general, it’s been such a good fit for us, as it's fast, easy, and flexible.

How has it helped my organization?

Our biggest one was the overall performance. Our SQL servers are performing better now, and because it’s easy to provision, more team members can provision who weren’t comfortable doing so before hand.

It’s been very stable. In comparison to what we had before, it’s a 10/10 -- incredibly stable.

It’s very scalable.

Pretty good. Up there with a 10/10 so far. The few issues we had were resolved quickly.

We were using NetApp. We were seeing overall poor performance.

Straightforward. Wasn’t overly complex.

Major players, such as EMC. We felt HP was a better fit. We weighed it out and HP fit our needs better than EMC.

What other advice do I have?

We were looking mainly for IOPS. We have a lot of SQL, so IOPS was important to us. We also wanted tiering to move things in-between tiers easily.

Come to the shows and get demos. Get your hands on it.

1 Comment
author avatarCalvin Zito, HPEStorageGuy

Glad to hear HP 3PAR was such a great fit for you. For anyone that wants to dive deeper, here's a link to many, many 3PAR articles on my blog: http://hpstorage.me/1IAQhqU.