Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

Valuable Features:

The biggest pro is the overall performance. Provisioning is easy and fast. With NetApp, we needed to run scripts, which was a much slower process.

In general, it’s been such a good fit for us, as it's fast, easy, and flexible.

Improvements to My Organization:

Our biggest one was the overall performance. Our SQL servers are performing better now, and because it’s easy to provision, more team members can provision who weren’t comfortable doing so before hand.

Stability Issues:

It’s been very stable. In comparison to what we had before, it’s a 10/10 -- incredibly stable.

Scalability Issues:

It’s very scalable.

Pretty good. Up there with a 10/10 so far. The few issues we had were resolved quickly.

Previous Solutions:

We were using NetApp. We were seeing overall poor performance.

Initial Setup:

Straightforward. Wasn’t overly complex.

Other Solutions Considered:

Major players, such as EMC. We felt HP was a better fit. We weighed it out and HP fit our needs better than EMC.

Other Advice:

We were looking mainly for IOPS. We have a lot of SQL, so IOPS was important to us. We also wanted tiering to move things in-between tiers easily.

Come to the shows and get demos. Get your hands on it.

1 Comment

Calvin zito li?1414332423

Glad to hear HP 3PAR was such a great fit for you. For anyone that wants to dive deeper, here's a link to many, many 3PAR articles on my blog: http://hpstorage.me/1IAQhqU.

Like (0)28 July 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 222,998 professionals have used our research on 5,697 solutions.