HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

It’s a good, solid product with ease-of-management.

What is most valuable?

Reliability. It’s a good, solid product with ease-of-management.

How has it helped my organization?

Before switching over from HP’s old storage, we just needed to upgrade our aging infrastructure, which was pretty easy.

What needs improvement?

3PAR has everything that I’m interested in. I come from a storage background, and everything that I want to see is there. I don’t really have anything pressing to suggest, but nothing is perfect.

Stability is rock solid.

If my company doubled in size, I could scale it well.

Everything has been very positive with no issues. Working at a nuclear power plant, it’s mostly on our end when issues come up. Otherwise, HP’s been perfect.

It was mostly just aging storage. We used HP AVA before, and so we just switched over to a new product.

It was purchased prior to me being there, so I’m not sure what else was considered.

What other advice do I have?

We always look for ease of use, and 3PAR is very easy to use.

From my experience with other storage platforms, if you want something where underlying hardware is designed with a goal and you rely on pre-existing hardware around which you build your product, you’re setting yourself up for failure from the beginning. It seems to me that something like 3PAR, where it’s designed around a specific product, just makes life so much more easier. You’re essentially setting yourself up for success with a product like 3PAR.

1 Comment
author avatarCalvin Zito, HPEStorageGuy

Nice review Tim - thanks for taking the time. Here's a link to many HP 3PAR articles on my blog: http://hpstorage.me/1IAQhqU.