Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
It’s a good, solid product with ease-of-management.

Valuable Features:

Reliability. It’s a good, solid product with ease-of-management.

Improvements to My Organization:

Before switching over from HP’s old storage, we just needed to upgrade our aging infrastructure, which was pretty easy.

Room for Improvement:

3PAR has everything that I’m interested in. I come from a storage background, and everything that I want to see is there. I don’t really have anything pressing to suggest, but nothing is perfect.

Stability Issues:

Stability is rock solid.

Scalability Issues:

If my company doubled in size, I could scale it well.

Everything has been very positive with no issues. Working at a nuclear power plant, it’s mostly on our end when issues come up. Otherwise, HP’s been perfect.

Previous Solutions:

It was mostly just aging storage. We used HP AVA before, and so we just switched over to a new product.

Other Solutions Considered:

It was purchased prior to me being there, so I’m not sure what else was considered.

Other Advice:

We always look for ease of use, and 3PAR is very easy to use.

From my experience with other storage platforms, if you want something where underlying hardware is designed with a goal and you rely on pre-existing hardware around which you build your product, you’re setting yourself up for failure from the beginning. It seems to me that something like 3PAR, where it’s designed around a specific product, just makes life so much more easier. You’re essentially setting yourself up for success with a product like 3PAR.

1 Comment

Calvin zito li?1414332423

Nice review Tim - thanks for taking the time. Here's a link to many HP 3PAR articles on my blog: http://hpstorage.me/1IAQhqU.

Like (0)21 July 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 234,133 professionals have used our research on 5,903 solutions.