Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
It’s a good, solid product with ease-of-management.

Valuable Features

Reliability. It’s a good, solid product with ease-of-management.

Improvements to My Organization

Before switching over from HP’s old storage, we just needed to upgrade our aging infrastructure, which was pretty easy.

Room for Improvement

3PAR has everything that I’m interested in. I come from a storage background, and everything that I want to see is there. I don’t really have anything pressing to suggest, but nothing is perfect.

Stability is rock solid.

If my company doubled in size, I could scale it well.

Everything has been very positive with no issues. Working at a nuclear power plant, it’s mostly on our end when issues come up. Otherwise, HP’s been perfect.

It was mostly just aging storage. We used HP AVA before, and so we just switched over to a new product.

Other Solutions Considered

It was purchased prior to me being there, so I’m not sure what else was considered.

Other Advice

We always look for ease of use, and 3PAR is very easy to use.

From my experience with other storage platforms, if you want something where underlying hardware is designed with a goal and you rely on pre-existing hardware around which you build your product, you’re setting yourself up for failure from the beginning. It seems to me that something like 3PAR, where it’s designed around a specific product, just makes life so much more easier. You’re essentially setting yourself up for success with a product like 3PAR.

1 Comment

Calvin zito li?1414332423

Nice review Tim - thanks for taking the time. Here's a link to many HP 3PAR articles on my blog: http://hpstorage.me/1IAQhqU.

Like (0)21 July 15