HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

We previously used equipment with capacity limitations, but 3PAR is expandable on demand.

What is most valuable?

One single rack with the ability to expand and grow as needed. We are not currently using flash, but probably will in the future for some database solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

We now have the ability to expand storage on-demand as needed. The application won’t run out of space as it's really easy to add a disk and continue without any interruption.

What needs improvement?

The management console could be improved, but the newest release already seems much better than the previous version.

We haven’t had any issues or downtime.

Everything was fine when we needed support. So far so good.

We had aging equipment with capacity limitations.

We also looked at EMC.

What other advice do I have?

We look at cost and scalability. We’ve had room to grow as needed based on demand or business needs. We now have 1500 global users.

You should look at 3PAR as it's flexible, stable, and provides the growth and stability you need from a storage solution.

1 Comment
author avatarCalvin Zito, HPEStorageGuy

David - thanks for the review. For anyone that wants to dive deeper, here's a link to many, many 3PAR articles on my blog: http://hpstorage.me/1IAQhqU.