HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
We're pleased with the scalability and that we're notified when updates come out.

Valuable Features

Scalability is the most valuable feature.

Improvements to My Organization

We had unexpected capacity growth. We informed the integrator what was going on and they were able to work with HP, forecast what we needed, and install it overnight without any downtime.

Room for Improvement

I'd like to see future versions have improved protection and optimization, such as whether we're using the right disks properly for the assigned workload.

No problems or issues with stability. We get notified from HP when the updates come out--really simple, quick, and easy with no downtime.

3PAR has been extremely scalable.

Customer support is excellent.

I think we’ve only had to call once for understanding the update process, but I've never personally had to call.

We didn’t have a solution in place, so we went through an integrator and got a recommendation.

Initial setup was complex because we didn’t have any previous knowledge. It's been two years since, and I think it’s essentially a simple setup and we just didn’t have any prior experience.

Other Advice

When deciding on a storage vendor you need to look at IOPs and scalability.

I would recommend 3PAR; we tell everyone everyday. It beats Hitachi and EMC (Clarion) hands down. We would recommend them over all those solutions.

1 visitor found this review helpful

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of 3PAR typically within 24 hours.

1 Comment

Calvin Zito, HPEStorageGuyVendor

Red, scalability of 3PAR is very impressive and glad that's worked so well for you. For anyone that wants to dive deeper, here's a link to many, many 3PAR articles on my blog: http://hpstorage.me/1IAQhqU.

21 July 15