HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

We've standardized with it as it's a good combination of equipment, support, and implementation staff. The only issues we have had are with deployment.

What is most valuable?

Excellent support staff and quality equipment.

How has it helped my organization?

The 3PAR arrays provide excellent performance for a very reasonable price point.

What needs improvement?

Their installation and design engineers leave something to be desired.

I've used it for five years.

The only issues we have had are with deployment. Depending on the quality of the installation engineer, one must keep a close eye on them in order to make sure that the equipment is connected and configured properly.

8/10 - most of the support staff are top shelf, but service can be ponderous if the wrong engineer is engaged.

I have used other HP arrays, EMC, Netapp, and Fujitsu. HP 3PAR by far has the best combination of great equipment, very good support, and good implementation staff. We have standardized on HP 3PAR for this reason.

As with most arrays, that is dependent on the system you’re installing. We tend to be “power users” and push the edges of how the equipment is used. In most situations, the setup is straightforward.

We engage HPs installation teams. My advice would be to make sure that future expansion plans are thoroughly discussed at the first installation to make sure that the array is as future proof as possible.

My team isn’t exposed to ROI.

I can say that one can realize very nice discounts if the order is placed towards the end of the calendar year, as that coincides with HPs fiscal end of year. Licensing for some features can be quite expensive, so one should take care to fully vet out which features should be licensed. Don’t let the sales team oversell licensing and make sure that the installation plan is fully understood.