Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
It's reduced the amount of time that I spend administering storage requests. This allows us to keep pace with the ever growing amount of storage that our users require.

Valuable Features:

Ease-of-use is very high on our list of features, as we are, like everyone else, trying to do more with fewer people.

The reliability is very high, as we have performed multiple firmware updates and some controller replacements all on-line with no downtime and no impact to our users.

Improvements to My Organization:

Probably the most beneficial aspect from my viewpoint is that it has reduced the amount of time that I spend administering storage requests by at least 50%. This allows us to keep pace with the ever growing amount of storage that our users require.

Room for Improvement:

The newer versions of the hardware have really addressed the minor concerns we had, specifically hard drive replacements which were tedious in earlier models due to shelf design. This is now a quick, easy task.

Use of Solution:

We have been using 3PAR for the last four years, and have a total of six arrays now.

Stability Issues:

Not really, as the arrays have performed with no down time or data loss since we first started using them four years ago.

10 out of 10. I've worked with HP support for over seven years in my current job and have always been happy with the level of expertise I have received.

Previous Solutions:

My company has used HP storage arrays since before I joined.

Initial Setup:

Very straightforward installation and set-up.

Implementation Team:

HP services did the initial installation and base configuration of each of the storage arrays, and took one day for each array.

We use a reseller to purchase the 3PAR equipment, and we utilize HP professional services for installation and initial set-up.

ROI:

I don't have an ROI as I am not really involved with the financing/budget side in any detail.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Licensing the features that we use was not overly complex to get worked out, and HP was very helpful in providing details on the features we needed to provide the functions we needed, which was primarily the synchronous replication between our sites.

Other Solutions Considered:

We have evaluated other vendors over the years, but we have stayed with HP due to the high reliability and ease of use.

Other Advice:

Work with your HP pre-sales people to determine which model of array will best satisfy your requirements. I've had very good relationships with all the HP technical and pre-sales that I have worked with over the years.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 233,815 professionals have used our research on 5,900 solutions.