Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
We can deploy new servers and new solutions pretty quickly. If systems are stopped while the record picks up that they're starting to fail, we can add more resources to them quite dynamically.

Valuable Features:

We can deploy new servers and new solutions pretty quickly. If systems are stopped while the record picks up that they're starting to fail, we can add more resources to them quite dynamically.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's a lot more automated and a lot easier, which provides us with a better business continuity solution.

Room for Improvement:

HP has what they call the OSS, operation support site. I hand over all my BAU to HP to manage and fix, but they don't go down to the 3PAR level. We can't afford to fall back on government money to take the time to identify issues. OSS only provides high-level support, and it would be an improvement if they drilled down more.

Deployment Issues:

3PAR deploys just fine for us.

Stability Issues:

It's stable generally. When we had problems, it was due to an omission in our manual process and not in the automated process. It's quite techy, so you need to make sure you have someone on your staff or an outside expert to provide advice.

Scalability Issues:

It scales just fine.

We pay for proactive support from HP, but I wouldn't rate it 10/10. It's not as proactive as I'd like, though I'm not paying for the highest level of support. Sometimes, it's takes them 4 hours before they start doing things.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was a bit complex and took much longer than we anticipated. We have 5,000 users now, but it took us two years to be able to get there.

Implementation Team:

We implemented it in-house.

Other Advice:

Spend as much as you can on HP support for the product. Don't rely on it being all in-house.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 213,511 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.