HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

We can decide which portion of our data will be stored on SSD's and which will be stored on disc drives.

What is most valuable?

We use 3PAR to separate certain parts of our infrastructure. For example, we can decide which portion of our data will be stored on SSD's and which will be stored on disc drives. We have a flexible contract with HP in order to do this, and it's been a huge advantage for us.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes us more flexible because we can extend our storage size easily. But the most important advantage, again, is our flexible contract with HP. It's a technically wonderful product, but it's also wonderful because of the contract. We have no CapEx and no long-term investment on the contract because we're paying just a monthly rate.

What needs improvement?

We're satisfied with the existing solution, but we are still having discussions to improve something.

We're not missing anything in terms of hardware, but the firmware could be improved.

We've always deployed them without any issues.

It's a stable solution and there's global support from the entire HP worldwide organization.

It's very easy to scale.

We have a very close relationship with our account manager and they offer us technical support.

3PAR is less costly than our previous solution. We were able to migrate from EVA to 3PAR.

Of course it's complex, but with HP's help it made the setup easier.

We didn't evaluate other options because we've been with HP for many years now. We have 25 locations worldwide and we needed a global flash-storage solution. HP, also a global company, was the right fit.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a global partner.