Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
We got a lot of IOPS and a lot of throughput with it.

Valuable Features:

We used it in a casino BI environment, along with the BladeSystem 3000. It was a very good performer, and really no problems with it. It was rock-solid. Using it in a BI environment, we got a lot of IOPS, a lot of throughput with it, and very good performance.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's a good performer. There's a lot of options coming out with the 3PAR and I'm very interested in looking at the old Flash systems too. In fact, I'm actually thinking of converting the 3PAR StoreServe that we have over to an old Flash system.

Room for Improvement:

It needs to be cheaper.

Use of Solution:

We're just getting into the 3PAR world. In fact, we're getting ready to stand it up. We just got it. It's not yet running, but I've used 3PAR in the past as well.

Stability Issues:

It's very stable.

Initial Setup:

It was very easy.

Implementation Team:

I had HPE do it.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

It's a very expensive solution.

Other Solutions Considered:

I think it's some of the software features. They've done a good job, and there was always a good class enterprise storage area network. 3PAR's always been at the top. That was a very good purchase by HP when they purchased 3PAR a few years back. That gave them a good enterprise platform, storage platform, that they are now building onto it.

Other Advice:

In a converged environment, 3PAR is a very good product to look at. There's a lot of good competition out there with NetApp and EMC VNX, but 3PAR is right up there with them. It has features and performance.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 213,655 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.