Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
We chose to go with it because it runs on OpenVMS.

Valuable Features:

We went with 3PAR because we primarily use other storage solutions for our main production products. We chose 3PAR for one product because it runs on OpenVMS and it's only certified to run on HPE. That's why we went with 3PAR. It was a smooth transition over. It went pretty stable. We got an outside HPE VAR to help with the rollover. It's been very stable since we moved to it so.

Room for Improvement:

It's a mature product. It's been working fine.

Use of Solution:

It's been about eight months.

Scalability Issues:

Hard to say with that product line. That product line, it's much more mature. It doesn't grow that dramatically, so we planned ahead with a five year window, to be on that platform. It's running fine. We're not running into any hurdles right now.

We have an HPE VAR on the openVMS side that helps us too. We kind of reach out to them if we do.

Previous Solutions:

We switched from a really old legacy platform storage solution that was just into life. We were running it on Data Vault which was an HPE product.

Initial Setup:

We switched from a really old legacy platform storage solution. I'm pretty sure we were running it on NetApp at the time.

Other Solutions Considered:

In most cases Pure Storage is better. It's better overall, and allows us to scale up faster, the cost of ownership's lower, and the replication across areas is good. 3PAR is not bad either, but Pure Storage is just more competitive.

Other Advice:

I would also evaluate others hard. We use Pure Storage in other areas a lot.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 222,390 professionals have used our research on 5,674 solutions.