Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

Valuable Features:

It's very user intuitive. It's not really that complicated as long as you have the basic knowledge on how SANs work. It's easily deployable and costs verses other brands is good. This size is also a plus.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's more about the redundancy. Their uptime has to be pretty much all the time. They can't really afford to have any down time. The reliability that HPE offers, the 3PARs are just a perfect fit for the company. They're easily deployable and it's easy to provision storage to the blade server when we need to. It just works, it's a perfect fit.

Room for Improvement:

There's a lot of stuff you can do with the 3PAR. Right now, we're using it for what it's mainly designed for - the provision storage. I'm still looking into all the other features like Deduplication and Flash Cache.

If we see that deduplication can fit into our infrastructure, and if it will benefit the company, then we'd definitely look into that option. It would be nice to have it as a core feature included in the product initially at no extra cost.

Stability Issues:

Everything is straightforward.

It's outstanding.

Initial Setup:

As long as you check the start-up manual, you should be able to deploy it pretty simply.

Other Solutions Considered:

We went with the HPE product because we really didn't have the need for such a big SAN. The company isn't big enough to warrant an EMC SAN. We're a midsize business, so the 3PAR was a perfect fit for us.

3 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

I'm not very convinced about thin provisioning I think this feature make the back end write (cache to disks) very slow

Like (0)14 September 16
75eef56a c263 4eae bf27 be543ed609d7 avatar?1435001866
Heath PurdyReal UserTOP 20

Just Implemented 3Par 8200 Hybrid, using Adaptive optimization. Console very easy to work with, creating VVols is a snap. Looking to work with more of the installed features.

Like (0)29 September 16
75eef56a c263 4eae bf27 be543ed609d7 avatar?1435001866
Heath PurdyReal UserTOP 20

Like (0)29 September 16
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 213,655 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.