Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
I like how easy it is to use for users who don't do storage admin every day.

Valuable Features:

What I like about 3PAR is just how easy it is to use. A lot of my guys don't do storage admin every day and yet they have no issues allocating the storage. From my perspective, it's really easy for me to be able to get in and do any troubleshooting with it and it's very consistent. It's a rock steady performer.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's consistency. And again, it's going through to HPE for everything. And I know that my blade, my DL and my 3PAR are all going to work seamlessly together.

Room for Improvement:

Upgrades on them are a bit tricky. For us to do a head swap on one is a full outer joiner storage frame, which is obviously not that easy to do in a production environment.

Other Solutions Considered:

We have looked at various competitors, and we have swung away from HPE storage, and then back into HPE storage as well. We were looking at EMC for a while, we actually had some BMCs in our environment as well. Right now, they are running alongside our 3PARs, we do actually want multi-vendor storage for their environment, depending on what the demands are for the storage. We treat our 3PARs as our tier two storage.

Other Advice:

Either go all Flash or at least a mix of flash and near line, you don't want to just get locked in with just near line or SaaS, because you're going to get locked in with slow disk and it gets really hard to upgrade after the fact.

1 visitor found this review helpful
7a87a4c8 2ce9 4d9f 8d12 d2c7ac9de403 avatar

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 233,815 professionals have used our research on 5,900 solutions.