Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
I can convert data from any storage type to any other storage type.

Valuable Features:

Flexibility, in regards to the different disk tiers in the 3PAR, is the most valuable feature.I can manually move data between the different tiers (NL, FC or SSD) or I can let AO do it for me. Thus I do not need 100% precise planning in advance.

Improvements to My Organization:

I can play with it real time, all day. There's no need for a very dedicated planning for the future because I always can change it.

Stability Issues:

Stability could be better. We have had it 3 years and we had three down times.

Scalability Issues:

We scaled up in the past and we will scale up again next month. The last time the previous system engineer did this. I don't have experience with scalability.

The quality of technical support was inconsistent. I did not always find that they dealt with our issues on time.

Previous Solutions:

There were HPE EVAs before and they were at the end of their life.

When looking at vendors, the most important aspect is openness; that they really talk open and are not just marketing.

Initial Setup:

I wasn't involved in the initial setup.

Other Solutions Considered:

I don't know if other vendors were evaluated. It was before my time. But, there are still better products. I would like to have an HPE XP7.

Other Advice:

Go and play. We have a lot of offices and backup sites so they can really get hands on. That's the benefit.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 222,746 professionals have used our research on 5,697 solutions.