Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
For roughly the same cost as mixing traditional hard drives with flash, we got an all-flash solution.

Valuable Features:

The speed and the storage optimization are the best features. I realized that instead of mixing with the traditional hard drives and flash, we could go with flash. We made an RFP, and found that for more or less the same cost, we could get an all-flash solution.

Improvements to My Organization:

• We removed a lot of the restrictions of our old storage solution so we would have better performing applications.
  • We didn’t have to worry about storage anymore.

Room for Improvement:

We are waiting for the compression to use on a daily basis. We have some deep ticket issues that I know about related to this. Otherwise, we are fairly happy with the solution.

Stability Issues:

We have some issues with it, but HPE has been very good. Their partners have been very good in working with us and slowly inching us out of the curb.

Scalability Issues:

We are fairly small. We are at the moment 800 virtual services. For us, it has very good scalability; but we are very, very small.

It's not me personally, but some of the technicians are pleased with the support. They have pulled back what have been problems. We are comfortable with their support.

Previous Solutions:

The previous solution was getting old. It was getting harder to replace with lifecycle handling, so we knew that we needed a new storage system.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was fairly straightforward. We migrated since we are totally virtualized on VMware. We changed all the storage to the 3PAR within a few weeks. Without any downtime or anything. It was very, very good.

Other Solutions Considered:

We made an RFP that was open to everyone. We evaluated an old flash solution that was better than the traditional solution; but you can't buy an old flash solution if you're going to buy as big as a traditional solution. So you have to have the optimizations that 3PAR has. Otherwise, you're not in business. It gets too expensive.

We had offers from EMC and from IBM, but our HPE partner came up with the best offer, so they won the RFP.

Other Advice:

If you want Sun or old fashioned good storage optimization technology, then 3PAR is very, very good.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 214,659 professionals have used our research on 5,590 solutions.