Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
The scalability and the support are the most valuable features.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable features are the scalability and the support, because you need to keep the business running.

Improvements to My Organization:

I am not sure that there are benefits over other solutions. It's just that we've always used HPE. I think it comes down again to be more about support and the scalability.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see a lot more monitoring and reporting out of the box.

Stability Issues:

It is very stable.

Scalability Issues:

We've scaled it up quite a bit. It doesn’t have any problems.

Technical support is getting better.

Previous Solutions:

I used to use HPE EVA. We needed to switch because we couldn't expand anymore.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was complex. I was one of the first customers to get their StoreServ 7400. It wasn't a good experience at all. The guy who set it up didn't really understand the technology that he was building. He didn't have build documents. The solution that I was initially sold wasn't correct so the workloads failed. It was a nightmare.

Other Solutions Considered:

I looked at things like Tintri and another company that I forget the name of now. They didn't have the support model that I needed at the time.

Other Advice:

I think that it's a more mature product now, so you’ll probably have a better experience; but certainly do your homework on your actual workloads and what you need. We initially got a solution which died all the time because we were trying to get too much output.

0 Comments