Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
Latency is low. Technical support is on time.

Valuable Features:

This tool is directly attached to the ProLiant server. It has very, very low latency.

Improvements to My Organization:

The solution hasn’t benefited the entire company. It's a special solution that has provided benefit for part of the company. We have global data instruments around the world. This tool has allowed us to decrease the data import time from nine hours to just one hour.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see fewer licenses.

Stability Issues:

This is a stable solution. We have used it for three years.

Scalability Issues:

It is the end of the product. We had to buy all of our 3PAR products in 2012. At the time, it was a new product. It wasn't viable. It is now running out of disk space.

We have used technical support. They are on time and very good. They provide good solutions.

Previous Solutions:

We did not have a previous solution. We had a service provider, which had IBM solutions. I needed a solution for a particular application, and HPE 3PAR was one part of the solution.

Initial Setup:

I was involved in the installation. We have problems every time. Sometimes there are three parts to one problem.

For example, I had to get help from the engineering team in India. It took a year to solve this issue. There was new documentation in which the installation requirements for the disaster tolerant systems changed. That is one of the installation issues.

Other Solutions Considered:

We didn’t have an alternative at the time. Our client could only work with 3PAR. There were no other products in the world which could do that in 2012. I don't know about solutions that are available today.

Other Advice:

I have experience with HPE since 1996. I'm a member of "Connect". I know HPE better than I know IBM.

Some HPE solutions are very good. In terms of performance and digital equipment, they have very good knowledge in some types of IT.

HPE tries to be visionary, but I don't think they are. Perhaps they have the right products today, but the whole world is changing.

I could help a colleague who is making a decision by showing him our HPE solutions. I could explain what we have done and why.

0 Comments