HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
Automation of the failover allows the IT department of the hospital to improve the availability of systems.

What is most valuable?

Transparant redundancy for VMware virtual machines, because this makes it possible that storage switches over from one system to another without interruption of the VMs.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

From a personal point of view, what would interest me is a mechanism that detects file-rot, i.e. that detects whether a file or sector has become corrupt; for example, as a result of copying the sector to other locations from the original location.

On a file basis, this is implemented in ZFS, where for each file, some error-check is calculated and stored. Periodically, the file system can be scrubbed to detect corruption early, so that a corrupt file can be restored from backups.

3PAR is based on block-storage, so this feature would have to be implemented at block-level.

We have been using the product since the beginning of 2014.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

We used HP EVA previously.

The setup was fairly straightforward because we emphasized simplicity as an important purchase criteria.

Other systems evaluated were Dell EqualLogic, Hitachi, IBM, Netapp.

What other advice do I have?

Don't buy either the oldest or the newest technology!

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of 3PAR typically within 24 hours.