Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
Automation of the failover allows the IT department of the hospital to improve the availability of systems.

Valuable Features:

Transparant redundancy for VMWare virtual machines, because this makes it possible that storage switches over from one system to another without interruption of the VM's.

Improvements to My Organization:

Room for Improvement:

From a personal point of view, what would interest me is a mechanism that detects file-rot, i.e. that detects whether a file or sector has become corrupt, e.g. as a result of copying the sector to other locations from the original location.

On a file-basis, this is implemented in ZFS, where for each file, some error-check is calculated and stored. Periodically, the file system can be scrubbed to detect corruption early, so that a corrupt file can be restored from backups.

3PAR is based on block-storage, so this feature would have to be implemented at block-level.

Use of Solution:

We have been using the product since the beginning of 2014.

Stability Issues:

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Previous Solutions:

We used HP EVA previously.

Initial Setup:

The setup was fairly straightforward because we emphasized simplicity as an important purchase criteria.

Other Solutions Considered:

Other systems evaluated were Dell Equalogic, Hitachi, IBM, Netapp.

Other Advice:

Don't buy the oldest nor the newest technology!

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 221,808 professionals have used our research on 5,660 solutions.