HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

It's not only about buying something, it's the support and the service you get

What is most valuable?

We are using many products from HPE. We are using storage savers and 3PAR, and even the private cloud. We are happy with the service, the products, the support. This is what we like most. It is only not about buying something. The support and the services you get after buying is the most important thing in IT.

What needs improvement?

Anything that will make the datacenter more scalable, more available, that would be great. Also, easier to operate or monitor, that would be good.

Three to five years.

I haven't had any reports about any incident or problem, so I assume it's stable and working fine. It's good.

In general what HPE can provide, it can meet my needs.

Usually the support is through partners, a contract after the sale, and they are always available. Kuwait is a small country so they are onsite. We don't have a problem contacting tech support.

When it comes to upgrades, if they're complex, they're complex from our side. We need to identify what we need exactly, and most of the time this is done with a consultant or in cooperation with HPE and their partners. Once we know exactly what we need and what we're missing, then it's straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Because we are a university, it may be that our IT is more sensitive because the whole learning process depends on the IT services. So any problem, even for a short duration, would cause a big headache.

I give 3PAR an eight out of 10. I'm happy. We are happy. We cannot give it a perfect score because they need to improve more. We always we need to push them.