HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

What is our primary use case?

I am from Dubai. We are one of the major system integrators in Egypt. We have customers using some other EMC Storages, and they have some performance issues. When we introduced the 3PAR Storage, mainly for the virtualization, they were very happy, because it is very useful for the performance and utilization points. The customers have been very happy since we introduce them to 3PAR Storage.

How has it helped my organization?

I am a system integrator, so we sell a lot of 3PAR Storage to our customers. Our business has increased compared to previous days.

What is most valuable?

• For virtualization, the failure rate is much less compared to traditional storage where you need more hard drives.
  • When it come to 3PAR, it uses chunklets, so it is easier for the customers.

What needs improvement?

As a management tool, it would help us to have more customer reports. Even though, we use it for other things, if can improve more things in the supporting, like the reporting tool, it would make it easier for the customers.

The stability is really good. Even though there is some downtime, the support is really fast.

It is a very scalable solution.

Our customers, they are smaller customers. Very few customers will go to the maximum, but for us, this is fine.

The support is really fast. There is very good support for 3PAR Storage.

It was really helpful. Because when I was a customer, having a downtime in the night, we called them (the support team), they immediately reacted. It was product tech support, and within two or three hours, the problem was solved.

It was business critical. It was a multinational company. All the data was down. But within a few hours, we sorted it out. The customer really appreciated HPE, as well as the partner.

It is very straightforward. It is very simple.

I have sold at least 10 to 15 storages. But I have only had one incident, out of these 10 to 15 where HPE could not install fast enough. Not bad for failure rates.

What other advice do I have?

We highly recommend HPE 3PAR, plus the latest other storage solution from Nimble, too. We highly recommend 3PAR to all our customers. We are replacing lot of other vendors (EMC, even Dell). We are replacing a lot of storage solutions with HPE 3PAR.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: I am a partner. Even though, we are partners with HPE, we are also partners with EMC Oracle, but we prefer HPE. With HPE, the support, reliability, and credibility are much higher than with any other products.