HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

It is easy to scale, easy to manage, and easy to configure

What is our primary use case?

The primary uses are for the server environment and for the file share system. This how we store our files. This is what we mostly use the system for.

Performance is amazing. The downtime is almost none. It is easy to manage, even for their new software updates, the integration with the server, and with all the HPE environment.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides very fast deployment. The performance for our most critical applications is very quick. Even the support is 24/7.

What is most valuable?

• Security for encryption
  • Performance
  • The support, because we have the online support directly with HPE. Any error or any incidents, they are directly involved and solve it. It makes our life much easier, even as IT.

What needs improvement?

HPE has a product that I am very interested in, but it lacks of integration with 3PAR - HPE SimpliVity. If it could be integrate with 3PAR, it would be amazing. This is what I am looking for going forward.

We have not had any downtime in two and a half years.

It is scalable. The model we have, we scaled it last year. We bought another rack mount, and we extended it to 12TB. It is easy to scale, easy to manage, and easy to configure.

Thanks to HPE remote IT assistance, they can do the updates with the configuration in best-case scenario.

Even for a future of big environment, if we wanted to go bigger, we can migrate easily to other bigger projects or bigger versions.

The support is easy. It is either by phone or by email. Mostly by email. They are supportive and they answer any question. It is perfect.

Yes, HPE EVA, the older one. It is at end of life. They are no longer updating it or supporting it, so we needed to switch.

The initial setup was straightforward.

HPE helped us with the configuration, so it took us approximately one week to set up.

We thought about EMC. But as I mentioned, in terms of integration and compatibility, 3PAR was better because we have EVA. To migrate from EVA to 3PAR with 3PAR is zero downtime migration, and with EMC, it was little bit complex. That is why, we did not want to risk it.

What other advice do I have?

If he has HPE servers, I would totally tell him go with HPE 3PAR. If he has another company's servers, I am not 100% sure about the compatibility with other products, but for management and for configuration, I would recommend 3PAR.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

1. The integration with systems that we are going to use. For example, our server environment is HPE. The first that we think about is something compatible with this and easy to manage. That is why we choose HPE.
  2. The performance and even their views. When you check those consultations, reports, HPE is ahead in leadership, in terms of storage.